Channelling Imelda Marcos

Confession time. I channel Imelda Marcos. I LOVE shoes. I REALLY LOVE boots. Now in FL sometimes atomic reality interferes with these loves. My foot and the shoe aren’t compatible. My wallet and the shoe aren’t compatible. But in SL – oh, I am in boot and shoe heaven!!!! I was prancing about in my brand new Lola boots the other day, having agonized over which pair would be my treat for that particular shopping trip. My friend S pointed out that for $20 I could buy most all the boots and shoes I wanted. I said that I understood that but she was SUPPOSED to be admiring my self-restraint! She laughed and ask Why self-restraint? I told her because it was good practice. 🙂 More importantly – buying boots is like eating fine chocolate. You want to savor the experience. You want to taste every last little molecule. You don’t want to blunt the effect by hurling some other sensation on top of the chocolate sensation. Mmmmmm. Draw it out. Enjoy it. Let it linger on your tongue. Same with boots. 🙂 Get one new pair. Buy an outfit to show off the new boots. Wander about. Strike a pose. Dance. Make those boots one with yourself. 🙂 Oh yes, my boots are akin to a spiritual experience as well as a totally sybaritic pleasure. Shoes are good too, don’t get me wrong, but to REALLY make my day – give me a new pair of boots!!!

So now I wake each morning and I want to wear Ahuva’s boots!!!! I look in my closet and there are boots, but they are not as nice as HER boots!!!! I want my SL boots in RL!!!!! I NEED my SL boots in RL!!! I can’t stand this deprivation anymore!!! I WILL succeed! If I don’t respond to your emails or IM’s or your phone calls you know where I am – I am googling boots! 🙂

9 Responses to “Channelling Imelda Marcos”

1. 1 Dave/ZeroKool October 3, 2008 at 9:21 am

Well Ahuva in the words of Des and I–I would normally compliment you and say, “Nice Gams”.

But, the rumor troll at NCi has it that I am on the ban watch list because I am so much of a player that egos are getting bruised there. So, I have to my take compliments off the beach–GO FIGURE!

So, I will reform myself and say, ” Meh, you look ok!”.

Z~

2. 2 Dave/ZeroKool October 3, 2008 at 9:23 am

Dang, reverse the words “take” and “my” LOL! See you guys at 6pm!

3. 3 Bailey Longcloth October 3, 2008 at 10:00 am

Embrace your inner Imelda. Go forth and buy boots! I have recently become a boot whore. Go to Jaywalk if you haven’t already. I highly recommend them. Go Now!!

I think your looking quite smexy in those boots m’dear. Maybe I’ll come down to NCI and we can show off our boots? The old I’ll show you mine if you show me yours??? 😉 LOL

4. 4 daleinnis October 3, 2008 at 10:22 am

Woo woo! I hardly ever wear boots (or shoes) myself, but I like you showing off yours. 🙂

5. 5 ahuva18 October 3, 2008 at 10:50 am

@Z – feel free to compliment me anytime! 🙂 I am strong enough to deal with compliments!!!!

@Bailey – DEAL! Slip on your fav boots and come join me. We’ll strut the boardwalk together! Calling all Imelda-wannabees! 🙂 I’ll hit Jaywalk next time I’m in. I’ve been buying up boots at Elle et Lui in Monte Carlo. I have my eyes on my next treat – a pair of lavender mid-calf boots.

@Dale – Bailey and I will post a notice so you can participate as spectator in the Sexy Boot Strut!

6. 6 Dave/ZeroKool October 3, 2008 at 10:54 am

Its a deal Ahuva! I will compliment you as my instinct regulates! But, I may need you to sign a waiver first to show the Nci people who’s ego I have deflated~

But, we are here on your turf now, so in the words of the immortal Billy Crystal when he WAS funny–“You look Mah-va-lous!”.

7. 7 baileylongcloth October 3, 2008 at 2:17 pm

Tell ya what Ahuva, bring Dave over to the Crown and he can compliment at will. 🙂

8. 8 isabelle Urqhart October 4, 2008 at 3:35 am

Well Imelda hehe I love the boots 🙂 and I think you should get them lavender ones too 🙂 am not really into self restraint when it comes to clothes and shoes lol

9. 9 ahuva18 October 4, 2008 at 11:31 am

Put on your gorgeous new white boots, Issy, and join Bailey and me when we do our Sexy Boot Strut!