Well, I did it. I made hair. It’s not the world’s best hair, but it’s not totally horrible either. 🙂 As a matter of fact, I plan to ship it over to OpenSim. I learned a LOT in the last 72 hours. I know how to use Gimp. I learned about taking photos. I learned more about building. I appreciated yet again how hard it is to make hair. But. I did it. And I will continue to work on this. The color is not what I want. I know how to fix that. I need to learn a lot more about layering the prims. About rotating prims. But considering everything…. I’m feeling fairly satisfied with this iteration.
I actually have 4 versions at this point. The first – I misunderstood about the top of the hair. So in essence I have a cap that has hair coming out of it. *grin*. The other versions are all variations on this one. The second version was this hair without the fringe-y bangs and headband. The third version has bangs. And this is the 4th. Also known as Round6 in my inventory. *grin* That’s because the first 2 “rounds” weren’t complete – merely building blocks. Now I must turn back to scripting. I am way behind on my scripting work and I have a deadline coming very quickly. But I admit it – doing this was fun. Frustrating, maddening, but ultimately fun, satisfying and educational.