Office Mates

Sharing office “supplies” (btw – we have more, but some were on the floor)

I shifted my home office several weeks ago. I used to work in the dining room, where we have very strict rules about the table. I moved up to my son’s bedroom. There are some great advantages up here. First, warm air rises so it’s much warmer up here than downstairs. Second, there is a red tailed hawk in the neighborhood and up here I sometimes glimpse it as it soars. Third, my office mate is much more present. This of course has both an upside and a downside. We share supplies, although I tend to have less need or desire to knock them off the table. We both like warmth, however, and that can lead to a few disagreements. Overall, I’d have to say the new location has been working out quite well.

Awkward but manageable. I can still reach the mouse.
At this point, we disagree. Only ONE of us gets the keyboard.

7 Responses to “Office Mates”

1. 1 Deborah Cohn December 14, 2020 at 3:59 pm

I’m very jealous. I want a kitty too.

2. 2 ahuva18 December 14, 2020 at 4:12 pm

i can lend you a white kitty for a few days to cure you of that. 🙂

3. 3 Jinjer December 14, 2020 at 4:21 pm

So cute! My officemate is currently sitting on my lap trying to figure out where the delightful scent of vanilla cupcake is coming from. (The discarded cupcake paper in the trash can).

4. 4 ahuva18 December 14, 2020 at 4:53 pm

My officemate decided that the instruction manual needed editing and stepped on the keyboard to add a row of / to the header. sigh. she actually looked ANNOYED when i removed her and told her she was NOT allowed to update the documentation.

5. 5 ahuva18 December 14, 2020 at 4:54 pm

ah, Jinjer – to be your officemate. i just finished snacking on celery. 😦

6. 6 Jinjer December 19, 2020 at 7:16 pm

Celery!!! Oh no. Must have carbs to get through the work day.

7. 7 Jinjer December 19, 2020 at 7:17 pm

Hahahahaha I can see the annoyed face!